WELCOME TO THE FORUM! PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUR FAQ.
Shakespeare vs. Britney Spears- What is Art? Take The Test!
  •  Shakespeare vs. Britney Spears- What is Art?

What makes something a great work of art? Which artists have produced the world's greatest art?
    In this interactive investigation, you will be able to see what philosophers have said about these questions, make your contribution and apply your decisions to help rate the work of a diverse selection of ten artists. And to make it more fun, you'll get the chance to pit two artists of your choice against each other in a head-to-head fight to see which artist has created the best works of art.
    The opinions of everyone who takes part in this activity are being collated, and when you've finished you'll be able to see what people think makes something a great work of art, and which artists, on these criteria, they think have produced the greatest works of art. Your choices will affect these rankings, so let's get started straight away...
    Click here to start
    POST YOUR RESULTS HERE IN THIS THREAD!
  • Dee's results:
    Final Score!
    The winner is Picasso with 37 points. T. S. Eliot only scored 35 points.
    According to you, the works of Picasso are greater than those of T. S. Eliot (at least in terms of the criteria of this activity)! You scored Picasso more highly than T. S. Eliot in the criteria that you identified as being the most important for great art.
    One interesting thing about your responses is that you selected T. S. Eliot as your desert island artist, the beaten contestant in this head-to-head challenge.
    Obviously, this test does not aim to determine why you made this choice, but if in some sense you "prefer" T. S. Eliot to Picasso, then it is interesting that you have judged the works of art of your preferred artist to be of lesser merit (again, in terms of the criteria of this activity).
  •  
    just took this, a year late but whatever :)

Final Score!
    The winner is Shakespeare with 48 points. Stephen King only scored 42 points.
    According to you, the works of Shakespeare are greater than those of Stephen King (at least in terms of the criteria of this activity)! You scored Shakespeare more highly than Stephen King in the criteria that you identified as being the most important for great art.
    One interesting thing about your responses is that you selected Stephen King as your desert island artist, the beaten contestant in this head-to-head challenge.
    Obviously, this test does not aim to determine why you made this choice, but if in some sense you "prefer" Stephen King to Shakespeare, then it is interesting that you have judged the works of art of your preferred artist to be of lesser merit (again, in terms of the criteria of this activity).

• This is a very interesting thread dearartist but I was actually expecting a debate on the nature of art. Perhaps you'd like to start that discussion in another thread?
  • Or perhaps you should start it, Prof, seeing as Dee deactivated nearly 2 years ago?
  • Oh is that why he doesn't have a picture? I just thought he was really lazy.
  • And speaking of lazy....
  • Just for the record, I think Will may have written a few of his own lines.
    Britney is some form of pond scum who has souless managers to pull her strings and make her mouth move for her.
    I fucking hate "Blond with Tan"
  • AWWWWWWWWW!  Queen! I'm sorry.  You know I love you, but we're going to have to agree to dis on this.  Britney makes my ears bleed and my ass clench in that unpleasant sort of way.
  • I'd do her....
  • Yaah. I'm sure you're first on her list babe.  
  • Fuck...even the last name would be positive...alas...even that's not conceivable...
  • You'd have to wear a condom over your whole body anyhow.
  • I'd like to be with Britney on a white sand beach full of people & all of us get to see her gang-banged by 50 guys!!!!!!

• Everybody talks bad about her, but she's really got her life together & is doing right for her kids.  However, I still wouldn't mind seeing her TRAINED on the beach like I said before.